These are kind of a cross between a cracker and a chip. We really like eating them with hummus and veggies for lunch, they are also very good on their own as a snack too.
This recipe was taken from Dr. Fuhrman's recipe library in the member center, submitted by rgosky.
- 2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked for 4-6 hours, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos, if desired
- 2 cups flax seeds, soaked in 1 1/3 cups water for 4-6 hours
- Blend sunflower seeds with onions and garlic in a blender. Add a little water if necessary.
- Remove to bowl and add spices and Braggs Aminos, if you are using it. If you are not using it, then add a little more water.
- Add flaxseeds and mix well.
- Spread onto non-stick dehydrator sheets (or wax paper) and dry at 105 degrees for 6 hours. Remove non-stick sheets, flip, and continue to dry for additional 6 hours.
- Break into cracker-sized pieces.
If you don't have a dehydrator, spread the mixture out on baking sheets and put the oven at the lowest setting and bake. Be careful because the oven can dehydrate faster and may burn them depending on how low your oven goes.
If you spread the batter too thin when dehydrating, they can be quite brittle/crumbly. You may need to experiment with this a bit.